I NEED SOME HELP WITH TROUBLE CODES

2002 Chrysler Town and Country

jandyal3

December, 25, 2011 AT 12:06 AM

Troubleshoot problems with rough acceleration, sputtering, stalling, rough idle on chrysler 2002 town & country. Starts up but won't accelerate properly, runs very rough, stalls out, sputters and won't speed up like it should. Code #s on analyzer are as follows: P0122, P0203, P0118, P0106 & P1496. I have changed the throttle position sensor & cleaned catalytic converter, but that's all. Don't know what else to check out. Please help!

rivermikerat

December, 25, 2011 AT 12:30 AM

P0106-Barometric Pressure Out of Range
P0118-ECT Sensor Voltage Too High
P0122-Throttle Position Sensor Voltage Low
P0203-Injector #3 Control Circuit
P1496-5 Volt Supply, Output Too Low

Sounds like a problem with the computer's main 5 volt power supply.

jandyal3

December, 26, 2011 AT 9:04 PM

I'm not sure where the computer's main 5 volt power supply is.
Can you please send me a schematic of the wiring going to the computer?

Thank you very much!

rivermikerat

December, 27, 2011 AT 12:00 AM

Well, the computer gets its power from the vehicle, which is 12 volt. It then steps the voltage down to five volts internally, usually by way of a voltage divider circuit. This is an integral portion of the computer.

rivermikerat

December, 27, 2011 AT 6:45 PM

Click on my name. Then click on Send Message. In the subject line, put the info about your vehicle. In the main body give me your email address (NOT HERE IN THE PUBLIC THREAD) and say 'computer schematic' and I'll send you what I have.

The long and short of it is that you're going to need someone who is at least an electronics tech to fix the problem without replacing the computer. Usually.

I will also send you the test procedures outlines for each of your fault codes. Hopefully we can eliminate the computer as the source of the problems.

jandyal3

December, 28, 2011 AT 6:59 PM

Dear rivermikerat, I don't understand your instructions about clicking on your name, etc. Do you mean on this page? Because when I click on your name, it only takes me to a home page that gives me your profile, etc. It doesn't give me the options you mentioned: "click on Send Message. In the subject line, put the info about your vehicle. In the main body give me your email address (NOT HERE IN THE PUBLIC THREAD) and say 'computer schematic'". Am I supposed to go to a different page to send you a message? Thank you, J. Dyal

rivermikerat

December, 28, 2011 AT 7:31 PM

The page that shows my name is called my profile page. Right under my name you will see an envelope with "Send a message to rivermikerat". I just sent you a message. You will receive a notification email. Click on the 2carpros URL, then click on your name at the top of the page to take you to your profile page. Yes, I realize it's clunky, but it is what it is. On your page you will see a notification about having a message. Click that.