SUDDENLY HAD A VERY SHORT DURATION MISFIRE

2002 Chrysler Sebring

sebring2002

July, 12, 2012 AT 10:18 PM

I was driving my 2002 Sebring 2.7l Sedan on the freeway, approximately 70mph, and suddenly had a very short duration misfire, maybe 1 or 2 seconds, vehicle is running fine now. When I checked the codes I got 1684, 0340, 0442, 0455 and 0456. I know what the codes are for but what could cause this combination of codes. Is it as simple as tracing all the evap lines? I have read that on other Chrysler products these codes were caused by a cracked fitting on top of the fuel tank due to aging of the fuel line. Do Sebrings have this same problem? The complete timing chain system for the engine was replaced around 40,000 miles ago and the cam sensor was replaced at this time. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mis Fire -

hmac300

July, 12, 2012 AT 11:01 PM

It cold be a battery problem sending the codes out or dirty terminals. If there isn't good battery power then it does that sometimes. The only thing found about the evap system is not to repair lines and replace as an assembly. You may have had apiece of carbonor somethingbreak off and block a plug for a second.