WHY DON'T I HAVE FUEL PRESSURE?

2002 Chevrolet Venture

Levi G

December, 16, 2011 AT 10:13 PM

I test the power it was good so I just replace the fuel pump but still don't hear the pump running. The van did like to stall hot or cold before and then one day it didn't started I look at it didn't hear the pump then so the van sat for a couple of days and then it just started. We drove it for a couple days then it wouldn't start again. Did all the test thought it was the pump but with new pump still not hearing the pump.I do have a new fuel filter in it that was the first thing I changed when it stalled the first couple of times. Any suggestions you have that I can try please e-mail me back. Thank You Levi

December, 16, 2011 AT 10:20 PM

Check the fuel pump relay

chevy2500hd

December, 17, 2011 AT 7:05 AM

Be sure to check the plug underneath the driver's side sliding door. Look under the van and you should see a couple of plugs going into the body. One is smaller than the other. The smaller one is for the ABS system and the bigger one is for the fuel pump. I had this problem and all I had to do was unplug the fuel pump clean out the connectors and plug it back in. The van started with no problems. I have had problems since then though. The van starts and runs but it hesitates and has trouble idling." Its worth a shot!

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe