THIS MORNING ON MY WAY HOME FROM WORK MY TRUCK ...

2002 Chevrolet Silverado

troyfountain

October, 21, 2012 AT 4:59 PM

This morning on my way home from work my truck started slowing down. When I went to give it gas, it seemed like the RPM's dropped. I coasted to my road and it died. Now it will not start. It turns over fine but does not seem like it is getting fuel. I swapped fuel filters and still nothing. I checked the the fuel rail. There is fuel coming out, just doesnt seem like it has very much pressure. I am waiting on a guage. Just wondering if this sounds like my fuel pump or if there is something else that may be the problem. Any help woud be appreciated.

October, 21, 2012 AT 5:30 PM

Sounds like a fuel pump issue. Check the pressure. Should be 58-62 lbs

rivermikerat

October, 23, 2012 AT 12:28 PM

Hey troyfountain, any word on that fuel pressure test yet? If pressure is low, check voltage to the pump on top of the tank.

rivermikerat

October, 23, 2012 AT 12:29 PM

Oh, and I know it sounds stupid, but make sure there is enough fuel in the tank. If you can, drop the tank and check the inlet screen on the pump to make sure it's not clogged.

Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right