CHEVY RUNS GREAT WHEN COLD MISFIRES ECCESSIVELY WHEN WARMS UP UNDER A LOAD

2002 Chevrolet Prizm

ackmon360

August, 30, 2012 AT 7:08 PM

The car runs great before the engine warms up, but after that it runs rough at any speed or rpm range, in gear, but it revs up with no hesatation or skip in nuetral or park. But when a load is on the motor it starts skipping erratically. I have changed coils, sparkplugs, cat con, O2 sensors, cam-crank-knock-temp-ect-sensors but no change switched injectors around, smoked the vacum lines what am I missing it has me puzzled, the ECM-ECU-PCM has been checked its fine also. PLEASE HELP ME IM STUMPED oh yea it has thrown a 01300-01400 code out there to which is a unknown code in any manual or guide I have access to?

Engine Miss

August, 30, 2012 AT 8:19 PM

What did you use to get the code? I don't believe that is the correct code and thus the reason you could not get any reference to it.

The EXACT and correct code would be required to understand what is possiby wrong. If the code are really as shown, the PCM is not fine. When codes other than those listed are shown it usually means a bad PCM.

hmac300

August, 30, 2012 AT 8:20 PM

P1300 is an iginition coil CIRCUIT probllem it can be the pcm shorted to ground a bad ground for coils you'll hav eto see if there is a short to ground between the areas i'm sending there an dpcm that may be your problem.

ackmon360

August, 31, 2012 AT 8:26 PM

The code came up while I was checking the pulse on the coils. It was sending a safety to the pcm I wasn't looking in the rite place in my cputer. I have a head-on OBD2 with the latest upgrades, I also have Mitchell on demand on the cputer

ackmon360

August, 31, 2012 AT 8:28 PM

The code came up while I was checking the pulse on the coils. It was sending a safety to the pcm I wasn't looking in the rite place in my cputer. I have a snap-on OBD2 with the latest upgrades, I also have Mitchell on demand on the cputer

August, 31, 2012 AT 9:36 PM

REconfirm the codes and let us know if it is P1300

ackmon360

September, 1, 2012 AT 12:34 AM

The only code it has is the p0300 I caused the others

ackmon360

September, 1, 2012 AT 12:45 AM

I have also went into the generic side in mode 6 and checked the cylinders individually and they all misfire randomly without purpose

September, 1, 2012 AT 12:15 PM

P0300 is random misfire and most common causes are fuel pressure, incorrect spark plugs and compression.

What are the fuel pressure and compression readings?

If engine is sludged, check the Intake Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid for sticking.

ackmon360

September, 1, 2012 AT 1:02 PM

49 psi on the fuel and 170- 180 psi in each cylinder

ackmon360

September, 1, 2012 AT 1:44 PM

When it misfiring it seems as if its overloading on fuel also, so if the cam actuator is sticking would that cause it to flood the motor, I thought it would lean the fuel mix out