MY CHEVY IMPALA REVS UP AND DON'T GO FULLY

• Meatball
  • 2002 CHEVROLET IMPALA

My 02 chevy impala will be in drive and sometimes when I stop at a stop sign it will red up and creep slowly. So I have to put it in 1st and manually shit until I get going and then il put it in drive and it'll be fine until I stop again and sometimes itl go and sometimes itl creep slowly and sometime after it sits for awhile it will drive as if nothing ever happened? Help please. It's an automatic so I don't know maybe torque converter or linkage. Help please

Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 AT 7:10 AM

• Fixitmr

Any warning lights on? Get codes read? You could try changing trans position sensor/neutral switch. Maybe stop by trans shop for scope and diagnosis? Could be a solenoid or trans is going out.

Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 AT 7:23 AM
  • Meatball

Well I just got it its used but could be right I don't know. It just does it randomly.I'm not sure thanks though. Itl be in drive and rev and creep but if I put it in 1st gear it'll go a little bit faster in take off but I'm not sure if you could think of anything else please let me know thanks.

Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 AT 7:37 AM
  • Fixitmr

You drive it that way you may fry it soon. What does fluid look/smell like?

Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 AT 7:42 AM
  • Meatball

Fluid is fine it sat for 9 months so I should probably get a tune up too thx.

Wednesday, May 16th, 2012 AT 7:47 AM