LEAKING CLUTCH FLUID AND WHITE SMOKE AND/OR VAPOR. RELATED?

2002 Chevrolet Cavalier

effie

June, 28, 2012 AT 1:56 AM

I need to refill the clutch fluid at least once a week, and I know that I likely need to replace the master cylinder or slave cylinder of both. However, in addition to the leaking fluid, I'm getting a white smoke (or possibly vapor -- I'm not really sure which) every time I run the car with the ac on. I'm not sure where it's coming from, only that it is not coming from the tailpipe. I had the oil changed a couple of days ago, and someone told me that it's possible that oil was spilled and the smoke is just it burning off, but I'm skeptical. There is a faint odor that accompanies the smoke, almost like burnt marshmallows. I'm out of work right now, and I really cannot be without a car. I'm just trying to get a handle on what the problem may be and how much it would cost to get fixed. Thanks in advance for any ideas/help.

Jacobandnickolas

June, 28, 2012 AT 1:57 AM

White smoke usually indicates there is coolant getting into the combustion chamber. If you are using coolant, or it is low, check for issues with head gaskets.

Replacing Head Gasket
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla