AC Question: I have a 2002 cavalier 2.2l sedan that I have done just about everything to get the AC compressor to run. Back in August 2011 I replaced the compressor, accumulator, orifice and flushed out the entire system. I charged it and was working great! No leaks and was ice cold. This past week I tried it and was not working. The compressor would not kick in. I thought maybe it was low on gas and took it to be charged. The tech said the compressor wont run. I took it back home and checked the following:
1. Interior / exterior fuses
3. Checked all plugs to make sure they are connected.
4. Replaced the cycling switch(ac pressure switch)
5. Autozone hooked me up and exchanged the compressor for me to see if it would make a difference.
6. I also changed the ac heater control switch in the car.
I evacuated the system and then forced charged it by jumping the relay. Compressor still not turning over. I was able to jump the compressor at the relay. That worked and I was able to charge. I dont know what else it could be. Can it be the PCM?
have the same problem?
Sunday, June 3rd, 2012 AT 1:25 AM