CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE PROCESS FOR CHANGING OUT THE...

2002 Cadillac Escalade Ext

Anonymous

February, 6, 2013 AT 7:25 PM

Can you explain the process for changing out the EBCM on a 2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT? I changed my battery and after replacing the battery my brake and system stability lights came on. I took it to the dealership to have checked out. They mentioned that I had to change my EBCM at a cost of $1,300. I'm sure I can find the part at a cheaper price but do not know how to change it. I can't imagine it would be too complicated.

gmtech

February, 6, 2013 AT 9:14 PM

It actually is a complicated job. You have to disconnect it from the Brake Pressure Modulator Valve and if it have been sitting for 11 years in the same spot it could be rusted. It has to be programmed after replacement. It is also possible as there is a service bulletin about cleaning the EBCM ground. Not sure why after you changing your battery it would cause issues. But check the EBCM, 12 gauge wire to the frame. Clean it and see if it fixes it

Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011