ABS AND TRAC LIGHT IS ON NOT HAVE CODES ON IT

2002 Buick Rendezvous

Anonymous

October, 20, 2012 AT 12:52 AM

Abs and trac light is on not have codes on it

saturntech9

October, 20, 2012 AT 12:54 AM

Did you just use a diyer scan tool to check for codes?If so they only read engine and transmission codes not abs or traction control codes.

dmillz

There will be no codes. Yheres a frayed wire on your wheel speed sensor abs sensor wire located on front driver side.

saturntech9

That's amazing knowing that without seeing the vechile or knowing the codes lol.

dmillz

Its not amazing had exact same problem and I checked the wiring for wheel speeed sensor and abs and volia bad wiring. Lol im no phycic

saturntech9

I was just saying not every problem is cookie cutter fixes and problems just because yours had the problem doesn't mean there's is. But thanks for the tip though could help other users in the future. Speed sensors go bad etc. Also if you use a diyer scan tool you won't see any codes. To read the abs codes you would need a professional scan tool. The abs light comes on when it detects a failure then sets a code in the abs computer and disable the abs system.

dmillz

Yes your correct in saying just because yours had the problem doesn't mean there's is and I should of worded it better, and as far as the abs codes you would need a professional scan tool that is also correct but I was mainly trying to say that to check the wiring is cheaper and easier than opting out for the latter.I try and word diffrently.

saturntech9

No problem I just try to make sure people get the correct info on here. Thank you so much for sharing your tip with us.

Wonder How Traction Control Works?
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Oil Life Reset Light Honda Civic 2006-2011