HOW TO REPLACE TAIL LIGHT LENSE.

2002 Buick Limited

Eugene Varcados

April, 19, 2012 AT 12:36 AM

Tail light lense (red) on driver's side (on the trunk lid)is broken. Looks like the entire panel needs removal first. Can just the lense be replaced or do I need the entire light (license plate) panel replaced?

Jacobandnickolas

April, 19, 2012 AT 12:40 AM

The lens should be replaceable. For me to be sure, upload a pic for me to see.

Eugene Varcados

April, 19, 2012 AT 12:51 AM

The lense in question is the second from the left. The square one not the contoured one on the fender.

Eugene Varcados

April, 19, 2012 AT 12:53 AM

Not the picture I expected. I'll try another.

Eugene Varcados

April, 19, 2012 AT 12:55 AM

Guess either one would do. Didn't notice the enlargement option.

Jacobandnickolas

April, 19, 2012 AT 12:55 AM

If there are no screws on the outside, open the trunk to remove it.

Jacobandnickolas

April, 19, 2012 AT 12:56 AM

Let me know if you have other questions.

Eugene Varcados

April, 19, 2012 AT 1:20 AM

I have loosen the screws(2); lense didn't move. So I loosened one of the panel screws. The entire panel (across the trunk) is removable with all the lights and the license plate panel. I don't wish to dismantle the my car until I get the replacement (have to drive to the yard). My question is: is the lens able to be separated from the panel after the panel is detached from the vehicle? Quite a bit of price difference between 1 lense and the entire panel.

Jacobandnickolas

April, 19, 2012 AT 1:28 AM

They are usually one piece.

Eugene Varcados

April, 19, 2012 AT 8:03 AM

Yes, I know they usually are. I was looking for a more specific response. Thanks anyway. I supply you with the answer after I've dismantled a wreck to find out.

Chevyforlife

May, 19, 2012 AT 2:23 PM

You have to take the carpet out of the way and there is 3 10mm nuts that hold the whole light in. Then the bulbs will just twist out and you can swap then to the new one.

Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Fog Light Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper