WINDOWS

2002 Buick Lesabre

dhaskins

June, 24, 2011 AT 3:02 PM

I HAVE A 2002 BUICK LESABRE LIMITED. NONE OF THE WINDOWS WILL ROLL DOWN OR UP FROM THERE SWITCHS. THE MASTER SWITCH DOESNT WORK. I CHECKED THE 30 AMP BREAKERS AND THEY ARE FINE. IM GETTING POWER TO MY BACK SWITCH, CAUSE I ONE OF MY WINDOWS WAS STUCK AND I GET A CLICKIN WHEN I TRY TO LOWER IT. I REVERSED THE BLUE AND BROWN WIRE AND I WAS ABLE TO ROLL IT UP BUT NOT DOWN.

caradiodoc

June, 24, 2011 AT 5:18 PM

Suspect a broken ground wire between the driver's door hinges.

dhaskins

June, 24, 2011 AT 6:53 PM

WHAT COLOR IS THE GROUND WIRE. OH AND ITS A 2000 BUICK LESABRE SORRY

caradiodoc

June, 24, 2011 AT 7:04 PM

Don't have a diagram, but the color is irrelevant. Pull the rubber boot back and look at or tug on all of the wires individually. If any are broken, you will see others that have cracks in the insulation too.

dhaskins

June, 24, 2011 AT 7:10 PM

COULD THIS BE ON EITHER SIDE, DRIVERSIDE OR PASSENGER?

caradiodoc

June, 24, 2011 AT 7:44 PM

Yup.

On most cars the passenger windows get their 12 volts from the driver's master switch. The two return wires go to the switches in the driver's door, through the two parts of each switch, then to ground. GM likes to add confusion to that by adding relays built into some of their passenger switches.

When using a passenger switch, one motor wire is grounded through the released drivers switch. Running the window the other way grounds the other motor wire through the other set of contacts in the released driver's switch. By switching wires around at the doors, if the motor only runs one way, it suggests one of those two wires are broken between the hinges at the passenger door, (relatively uncommon), or there's a bad contact in the driver's switch.

The fastest way to identify a broken wire or bad switch contact is to use an ohm meter to measure resistance. Unplug the connector from the window motor that doesn't work. Measure the resistance from one of the wires to ground when all switches are released. The reading should be very low, perhaps a few ohms for the normal resistance in the wires. The other wire should read the same very low resistance. If you find one that reads open, suspect a broken wire. If you find one that is not open but reads very high resistance, suspect a burned or pitted switch contact. That could be in the passenger switch or the driver's switch for that window.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2