MY BATTERY DIED ON ME LAST NITE WHEN I WAS ...

• Mark7733
  • 2002 Buick Century

My battery died on me last nite when I was making a couple of short trips. I got 2 jumps to get home, it was 8 degrees here last nite. I noticed that I was dripping water out of the tailpipe, which has never happened before. My neighbors believes its condensation from cold weather and shrt trips. But I also read that it could be sign of head gasket going. I checked all of my fluids this morning and there fine.

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 11:39 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Have the battery and the alternator checked first. The battery may have froze and that is death for a battery.

Start there

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 11:40 AM
  • Mark7733

Roy, plan on getting over to autozone first thing for battery. It's the original so very old. My main concern was the water that came out of exhaust during this. Should I not be more worried than I am.

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 11:43 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Yes, it needs to be checked but lets get it running first. If it is clear water, I am not concerned, if it is coolant then we need to be concerned.

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 11:46 AM
  • Mark7733

Thanks Roy, what came out was clear and had no smell. Radiator level full. Once get new battery should I go for a drive to warm it up or send you a mess. Thanks

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 11:50 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

Get the alternator checked as well. You can message me back. I am at work so it may be a little till I get back to you, be patient

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 11:54 AM
  • Mark7733

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 11:58 AM