TIMMING PROBLEM

• riyad614
  • 2002 BMW 745
  • 100 miles

I have a 2002 bmw 745i, changed the valve cover gasket and had to remove the variable valve timming solenoids (one on each side) that sit on the top of the valve cover I pulled one out and unscrwed the other now the car is of timming how can I put it back in time.

Friday, June 1st, 2012 AT 7:24 PM

• cadieman

Its some thing u did with those solenoids. Check and make sure u didnt smash any wires with the valve cover. Check the wires at the solenoids check that the soleniods are getting voltage when the key is on.U will need a meter or test light to check them. We can start here

Saturday, June 2nd, 2012 AT 4:48 PM
  • riyad614

I did check all of that. I took them in and out a lot trying to adjest them, some time the car will run rough and sometime will not start at all and other time will be popping as it's out of time. I scrwed them in pushed them in. It seemed like there is a specail way they should go back, these solenoids shaft runs a half gear on a third small came on the top of another cam.

Saturday, June 2nd, 2012 AT 5:29 PM
  • cadieman

You will need know how to adjust those solenoids. Sorry I cant answer that. Pl contact mike2carpros

Saturday, June 2nd, 2012 AT 10:42 PM