ENGINE PROBLEMS

2002 BMW 318i

bagy05

May, 5, 2012 AT 4:07 PM

Hi, its a UK model, 2002 318i.

I have had sensors, chain, timing, all done and new. But im still having problems. Once the car is warm, It may cut out, If not, and I switch engine off, Once I start it back up, it chuggers, if I try and rev to 6-7000 revs, It struggles for a few seconds.#
The local mechanic doesnt no what else to try and he has changed and time'd most thingss, all advice welcome as I need it done ASAP! Many thanks

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

May, 5, 2012 AT 11:07 PM

What about the basic? Plugs, coils? Were the injectors serviced the correct way?

bagy05

May, 7, 2012 AT 1:32 PM

Not sure what he has done, What would you reccomend doing? The computer came up as 0012 0015 sensors, Changed them still the same, It only does this when engine is warm, turn it off, Turn it back on then have problems for a minute or so. Thanks for the reply : )

May, 8, 2012 AT 1:29 AM

A code never identifies a bad part, just a failed system.

You need to check for fuel pressure. You need to check for spark.

Why was the belt replaced? Did it break or normal maintenance?

massimo

May, 8, 2012 AT 2:42 AM

Is the check engine light on and if it is we need code number to help you

massimo

May, 8, 2012 AT 2:48 AM

P0012 andp0015 camshaft sensor codes maybe the best will be double check the timing you need especial tool for this first go after the codes and than the rest

bagy05

May, 8, 2012 AT 7:54 AM

Thanks all for reply, The chain was maintenence, no engine light!
The guy used a special tool for it, seemed a bit better on the idle, but not restarting when warm.
Ive read more in to this, People seem to think that Camshaft sensors can be bought faulty, I bought mine from a car parts centre, Not Bmw.
When I last checked the same codes came up. Next step now is to clean plugs and check from there.
Thanks again for the replys!

mhpautos

May, 8, 2012 AT 8:01 AM

This is a valve timing issue, is the engine fitted with VANOS variable valve timing?

massimo

May, 10, 2012 AT 2:33 AM

I AGREE WITH mhpautos