CAR HAS STARTING PROBLEMS

2002 Audi A2

babssbab

May, 6, 2011 AT 6:41 PM

Car has a starting problem. When I turn the key the car does not start until I turn the key at least 10 times. When I pump the accelorator nothing happens. The car turns and sounds as if it about to start then it tumbles. It eventually starts.

May, 6, 2011 AT 6:45 PM

Do below to determine if its a fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Also check the ignition switch

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right