WINDOW IS NOT GOING UP NOW

2002 Audi A2

denjohfis

November, 28, 2011 AT 5:32 PM

I have an A2 Audi car with the front nearside window stuck down, when operating the electrical switch the motor starts for a brief second then cuts out. I have removed the motor assembly & managed to raise the window manually, it is however very stiff. The nearside Front window is stuck down, I have removed the motor assembly and managed via turning the gear wheel to raise the window. The gear wheel was very tight to turn as if something is jamming. As I do not want remove the whole inner door panel unless I have to, I first ask what the problem can be.

hmac300

November, 28, 2011 AT 7:58 PM

Lube always helps, alot of times if things work then it's just a matterof putting newlube on it to make things slide better. But checkfor pinching tracks or a bad motor. The window track may be pinching the window making it do this. Try some silicone spray on the window track.

debzza64

August, 21, 2015 AT 6:54 AM

I had a simular problem and got a new remote window part costing 30 and it didn't make a difference, it went on for ages and the garage suggested, I get more parts, at enormous cost too, I said I would stick without not being able to open fr now, , anyway, just by chance after nearly giving in and replacing the window as suggested, my car was dead, (interior light left on ) so I jump started it and hey presto all my electric windows and digital display started working again perfectly and I have had no further problems.

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla