NO OIL PRESSURE

2001 Volvo V70

jloskamp

November, 13, 2010 AT 3:20 AM

I was driving my volvo v70 and the oil light went on than a reading said to stop the vehicle immediately no oil pressure. I put in two containers of oil and they ran to the floor. Apparently the car isnt holding oil. What would cause this?

Jacobandnickolas

November, 13, 2010 AT 3:42 AM

First, have you checked under the vehicle to see where the leak is coming from? If the oil ran straight out, it sounds like the drain plug fell out. If you had to start it to cause it to leak, it could be a loose oil filter.

Check the drain plug at the bottom of the oil pan. Something tells me it wasn't tightened at the last oil change and fell out.

Let me know what you find.

jloskamp

November, 13, 2010 AT 4:27 AM

Joe -thank you for your reply.
You don't think its a cracked oil pan or needing new o rings?

jloskamp

November, 13, 2010 AT 4:37 AM

We havent had the oil changed in a really long time. Thats why I was wondering what you thought about a cracked oil pan or o rings?

JIS001

November, 13, 2010 AT 5:14 AM

You would need to get the vehicle up on a hoiste to inspect the pan for damage or like Joe mentioned before, a missing drain plug. The only way an oil pan will get damaged is if you actually ran over an object. If it were bad seals then the only time you would see the leak is when the vehicle is running. So since you say as soon as you added the oil it leaks right back out, you would see why the assumption would be a missing drain plug?

jloskamp

November, 13, 2010 AT 11:46 PM

The auto guy called me and said its not the oil pan or anything there. He has to investigate the right side of the engine and because he has to dig so deep he said if I havent had my timing belt changed I should consider doing that. He wont tell me for sure until Monday. Something about replacing rings. I am not sure about this but it sounds expensive.

Air Filter Replacement Toyota Tundra
Air Intake Boot Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015