SPORADIC IDLE

2001 Volvo S60

brandonpilguy

August, 1, 2011 AT 12:39 AM

2001 Volvo S60. Sporadic Idle and when stopped or when A/C turns on RPM's go so low that car dies. Just had CV axle, Battery, and Altenator replaced. I have heard a few things like it could be Timing Valves or spark plugs.I am so lost and about to light this car on fire.

JIS001

August, 1, 2011 AT 4:54 AM

LOL all cars give lots of headaches trying to figure out there problems. Disconnect the electronic throttle module connector and remove it from the vehicle. At the same time look for the ETM fuse in the engine compartment fuse box. It should be fuse #7 10A clean out the throttle body and plate. I would recommend the Volvo cleaner since it cleans a lot better and lubricates the plate. Replace the gasket also. After you clean the throttle and after you put it back together install the fuse last. That should take care of your idle issue. Good luck and keep me posted please.

CV Axle Replacement
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima
CV Axle Replacement