Volvo S60

ROYA
  • 2001 VOLVO S60

Hi my car has been acting like it's not running on all cylinders. It has a really rough idle when I start it like it's about to die. Then doesn't run right until it warms up. I had it scanned at a few places and the code came back for output shaft speed sensor no signal. My speedometer works fine and the transmission shifts normal. I am just worried that replacing this part won't solve the problem.

Friday, March 25th, 2011 AT 8:11 PM

JIS001

Call your nearest Volvo dealership and ask if they are participating with the Volvo Service For Life. If they are, at minimum you will get a print out of the ECM codes with freeze frame data. With generic scanners some fault codes will not pop up. This way you can have a better list. Post the fault codes on here so I can get a better idea of what is going on. Maybe Volvo will tell the problem right then and there what needs to be done?

Let me know what happens?

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, March 27th, 2011 AT 8:34 PM
ROYA

I ended up having it read at a local mechanic with a high scale diagnostic scanner. The codes came up for random cylinder misfire again. So I had the coils tested and the 5th one was bad. It has been replaced then I flushed the induction system fuel system with sea foam because it was still idling rough. It was acting bad for a while but after everything was burned out it seems to run smoothly now with more horsepower. I won't know for sure until it sits for a while to see if the problem is fixed. If not, the catalytic converter is next.

Sunday, March 27th, 2011 AT 8:49 PM