MY CAR STARTED OVERHEATING 2 DAYS AGO

2001 Volvo S40

racharreguin

February, 17, 2013 AT 1:48 AM

My car started overheating 2 days ago. I replaced the coolant temp sensor, the thermostat, and a busted radiator hose. When test driving it heated up again immediately. I opened the hood and the. Radiator hose was extremely hot. What could this be?

Jacobandnickolas

February, 17, 2013 AT 1:58 AM

Did you bleed the system of any air? Are you sure the radiator isn't plugged? Are any of the hoses collapsing?

racharreguin

February, 17, 2013 AT 2:17 AM

There are no hoses collapsing. How do I bleed the system of air? Not sure if radiator is clogged. Cant find a radiator cap. Just purchased this car used. New to this type of car

Jacobandnickolas

February, 17, 2013 AT 11:18 PM

Some of these vehicles have a bleeder on the thermostat housing. Others don't. In that case, I always bleed from the return line (heater core). As far as the radiator, you may just have an overflow bottle with a pressurized lid on it. If so, that is the only place to add coolant and there isn't a cap on the radiator.

Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement