STARTING PROBLEM

2001 Vauxhall Astra

Gdj85

June, 8, 2011 AT 10:37 AM

I have a 2001 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 16v, it won't start 1st thing in the morning, it just turns over and over but won't fire, it has had new spark plugs about 6 months ago, I have tested the battery and that is fine, I have even tried different battery in it and it still won't start. I had to have a completely new exhaust system fitted about a month ago and the problem has started since then, anyone got any ideas what could be the cause of this issue?

Thanks for any replys on advance

Gdj85

June, 8, 2011 AT 10:42 AM

Do you have a check engine light?

Do below to determine if its a fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Gdj85

June, 9, 2011 AT 5:23 PM

Thanks for the reply,

I will be trying this over the weekend. I noticed when I changed the spark plugs that the there are no leads, it's a more of a block that site on top of all the plugs, will I be able to same thing to test the plugs. I also for got to mention the car will start from a jump/bump start.

Thanks again for any responses.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right