2001 CAMRY HEADLIGHTS AND INTERIOR LIGHTS FLICKER AND LOSES POWER

• boobalaba
  • 2001 Toyota Camry
  • automatic

The headlights and interior lights of my 2001 camry started to flicker while driving and sometimes loses the power to the radio, a/c and the lights shut off - the power comes back within few seconds. The flicker is not related to RPM speed - when the RPM's increase, the flickering remains the same - no change. The flickering is only present when the car is running This condition never goes away - doesn't matter if the car has been driven 50 miles - flicker still present.

I've replaced the battery a couple months ago with a Toyota battery from the dealer, but the flickering is still present sometimes - not always. Any help is really appreciated.

Sunday, December 19th, 2010 AT 4:17 PM

• V MRAUDER

I have a 2001 Camry V6 and all my lights started flickering and is more pronounced whil driving. I checked the altenator at the advice from a friend and found that the voltage was fluctuating approximately 1.5 volts and increased when I raised the engine rpm. I checked voltage at the alt positive to battery ground. I replaced the alt and still the same. I had Toyota check it for me and was told that the altenator is causing the issue. I will be returning it to Auto Zone for an exchange in the next few days.

I also would like any sound advice

Friday, February 11th, 2011 AT 12:55 AM