I HAVE A 2001 TOYOTA CAMRY 2

2001 Toyota Camry

danielogbonnaya

November, 3, 2012 AT 12:53 PM

I have a 2001 toyota camry 2.2L LE of which I have repaired d exhaust for leakage and it started having lots of petrol consumption problem.I took it to my mechanic and they diagnose with OBD II and found it has P1135 error. He then serviced the injector and change the heater circuit sensor at the exhaust manifold. After driving for a day same problem condition came back.I was adviced to buy the catalytic reactor beneath the car, which I did. No curative response. Then I was ask to change the entire car exhaust sytem: from the manifold to the the tail end. After fixing the entire exhaust.I drove d car for only four days and started noticing d car abnormal petrol consumption is back. I took the car back and the mechanic checked and found that it is still having P1135 erropr code: "Air-fuel heater circuit sensor response malfunction". Where could this problem arise from?

November, 3, 2012 AT 1:17 PM

It could be the sensor, its wiring or the engine computer tht is causing the problem. You had wasted a lot of time and money on something that did not solve the problem. Were the wirings checked for shorting or open circuit?
Was the replaced O2 sensor OEM?
This trouble code would make the ECM go into fail-safe mode meaning the fuel would not be metered according to operating conditions but on a fixed programmed delivery and this would result in increased fuel consumption.

danielogbonnaya

November, 3, 2012 AT 1:40 PM

Another thing that was also checked was the plug and the tail end exhaust: it seems to be that the tail end exhaust doesnt give out carbon shoot and when the plugs where checked, it seems ok. As in, it seems to fire properly. What else would u recommend sir?

danielogbonnaya

November, 3, 2012 AT 1:45 PM

Also the voltage to the O2 sensor was checked and confirm to be within spec: 5volts, but what?Am n?O?T? Sure about is weather the replaced O2 sensor is OEM: how can this be checked?

November, 3, 2012 AT 1:50 PM

The code is for a heater circuit, voltage should be 12 volts.
OEM would come complete connectors and would be rather expensive.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Replace Muffler
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen