I have a 2001 Toyota Avalon

SAMSUMO
  • 2001 TOYOTA AVALON

I have a 2001 Toyota Avalon. A couple weeks ago I hit the brakes and they started grinding. I had no indication of an issue before then. It didn't happen again until about a week later and then it started grinding really bad all the time (rear brakes). Then it started grinding whether or not I was pushing the brake (not as bad as with the brake depressed).

So, I am trying to replace the rotors and pads myself to save some $. Problem is, I've changed one side where the rotors were gouged, and I had a hard time getting the pads into the clip that holds them in place. And when I pushed the brakes to prime the brake line, I couldn't push the pedal down more than one or two times. And the brake is locked up.

Do I have a bad caliper? Brake line? Just need more grease on the caliper pins? Brake pads wrong size?

Please help.

Wednesday, December 5th, 2012 AT 7:25 AM

ASEMASTER6371

Pins may be frozen or the brake hose is collapsed not releasing the pads.

Wednesday, December 5th, 2012 AT 11:52 AM