THE AIR CONDITIONER STOPPED WORKING ALL OF A SUDDEN.

2001 Saturn SL2

vigil

February, 21, 2012 AT 12:42 AM

It was working fine and then one day it just stopped my husband does not see any leaks and there is no broken belts. Could it be that it needs to be recharged and is it ok to use the kits they sell to do it yourself?

February, 21, 2012 AT 12:54 AM

That's the 1st thing you check when it stops cooling-I recommend an AC shop-

saturntech9

February, 21, 2012 AT 4:06 AM

Before any recharging is down you have to check the ac pressures.

missyhinkle

February, 21, 2012 AT 6:20 PM

Im not a mechanic or saturn expert or anything but I have a 97 saturn sl2 series I had the same problem I would go to a mechanic and have them recharge it I thought I needed a recharge but according to the mechanic I went to my compressor went out in my car

saturntech9

February, 21, 2012 AT 6:59 PM

Thats why you have to always check the pressures first to see if there is enough pressure for the compressir to come on. If there is and the compressor doesnt come on you can check for power to the comoressor. If the compressor does come on then you can see what the pressures are. In you case the pressures were equal the high and low pressures. Meaning the compressor was bad thats the most common reason I have replaced compressors on those cars. Once in a while I come across a bad compressor clutch.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement