I KEEP GETTING A P0410 DTC AND HAVE CHECKED THE ...

2001 Saturn SC2

Anonymous

March, 4, 2013 AT 10:22 PM

I keep getting a P0410 DTC and have checked the secondary air sys and its parts thoroughly. Changed the coolant temp sensor and the vacuum control solenoid. The air pump works, and the vacuum solenoid operates as required but the vacuum from the solenoid vale will not actuate the air control valve however if I bypass the vacuum solenoid and apply vacuum from the solenoid inlet source the control valve operates as designed allowing fresh air into the exhaust manifold for about the first 60 seconds of a cold start. How much vacuum is required for the control valve to operate and should the source vacuum and vacuum after the control solenoid be different? Is the CFM of vacuum an issue or could the control vale be my problem?

saturntech9

March, 5, 2013 AT 4:09 AM

What you need to do is get a hand vacuum gauge and pull a vacuum on the combo valve what let's the air into the exhaust. See if the valve holds vacuum?Most likely its not holding vacuum or you have plugged ports in the head.

Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement