2001 SATURN SC1, WHERE IS THE ACCESS TO REMOVE THE REAR SHOCK FROM THE TOP.

• Johnshwin
  • 2001 SATURN SC1

2001 Saturn SC1, where is the access to remove the rear shock from the top. What should be dismantled? What is the easiest way to access the top rear struts? Thanks

Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 AT 5:09 PM

• Docfixit

Remove left and right window molding, fold rear seat down, remove carrier shelf speaker grills, seat belt bezel and belts then shelf and carpet. Remove three mounting nuts. DO NOT LOOSEN CENTER NUT. Spring strut under extreme pressure will need strut compressor

Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 AT 5:45 PM
  • Saturntech9

Just to add this there is no need to remove the whole rear package tray. You can just pop up the side your working on and sneak your hand in the there.I have done it many times pop thr verticle bolster cushion loose that is next to the seat back that folds down. Remove the hold down clip for the rear package tray and the clip up by the back glass. Then fold the rear package off of the seat striker and ou should be able to get your hand in there. The rear package tray is pretty flexiable.

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 AT 5:28 PM
  • Saturntech9

Sorry if you pop both sides loose like I said on the one side you dont dont have to remove the rear package tray. It will be a time saver and your probably replacing both sides anyways.

Wednesday, August 1st, 2012 AT 5:45 PM