Strange noises after backing up and idle skipping

• 1 POST
  • 2001 SATURN L200
  • 222 MILES

When I'm sitting idle at a red light, I've felt a "skipping" jump on occasion, sometimes just once, sometimes several times in succession. On occasion, I have also felt a slight "pause" when starting to move from idle.

Today, after reversing from a parking spot, I heard a loud noise coming from the passenger rear of the car that lasted for about 10 seconds. The noise resembled something rubbing against the body and/or the wheel. I initially thought I had something stuck between the wheel/axle and the body of the car, so I stopped the car and walked around the car for a visual inspection. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, so I began pulling forward through the parking lot and did not hear any noise afterwards.

Are these things I should worry about and take my car immediately to a mechanic, or should I continue to monitor

Monday, February 14th, 2011 AT 5:57 PM

The missing you could have some bad plug's or coil. The slight pause when moving from idle are you talking about the engine delaying to higher rpm's or a delay in the transmission?AS far as the noise in the rear that's a good one. Your going to really have to check the rear out. You could have just ran something over and dragged it and then it fell off your car. Do you have any code's?

Monday, February 14th, 2011 AT 6:14 PM