Cranks, spark ok no fuel injection

MIKE BRANDT
  • 2001 SATURN L200
Cranks but wont start. Will run if spray gas down throttle body. All fuses good, 60 psi at fuel rail,
Power ok to injectors (12 v) but no grd pulses to injectors. Security light seems normal. I first thought CPS might be bad but since I have spark it might not be bad. Is there an emergency reset button that shuts off injectors in case of an accident? If so where the heck would it be? Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Tuesday, April 12th, 2011 AT 9:10 AM

The computer ground driver/s of the injectors is defective and also check and test the camshaft sensor
-1
Tuesday, April 12th, 2011 AT 11:17 AM
MIKE BRANDT
You mentioned that I should also check the camshaft sensor. Does the 2.2 4 engine have one? Thanks
-1
Tuesday, April 12th, 2011 AT 1:17 PM
SATURNTECH9
Just to add to this one is the security light on solid or flashing?These cars have a high failure rate for the body control module and sometimes when they fail the bad body control module will disable the injector pulse which is what the body control module does as part of the cars security system. So does your fuel gauge work keyless entry power door locks work will your car come out of park?Any other things inop?Have you checked for code's?I would rent a code reader and see if there are any communication codes in the computer.
+2
Tuesday, April 12th, 2011 AT 7:16 PM
MIKE BRANDT
Scanned. Passed no codes still no fuel injection
is there an inertia safety shutdown reset anywhere on these beasts?
Anymore ideas? If the cps is defective will I still have spark?
+1
Wednesday, April 13th, 2011 AT 7:06 PM
SATURNTECH9
Please answer these questions. Is the security light on solid or flashing?These cars have a high failure rate for the body control module and sometimes when they fail the bad body control module will disable the injector pulse which is what the body control module does as part of the cars security system. So does your fuel gauge work keyless entry power door locks work will your car come out of park?There is no inertia switch on those cars that would shut off the fuel pump and you wouldn't have fuel pressure. Like I said before those cars have a high failure rate of body control module's and sometimes when they go bad it will disable the fuel injector pulse. Also the pass lock sensors fail on those cars too. So please answer all my questions and we will go from there. You probably used a basic code reader which won't read the body control module codes.
-1
Thursday, April 14th, 2011 AT 12:45 AM
MIKE BRANDT
The security light only comes on momentarily when initially turning ign to ON. Then goes out with the rest except for the oil p. And batt insicator which is normal. When I crank the it the oil pressure light goes out. Gas gauge works, no key fob came with car
although lock system works as it should and wont lock if door is open. Etc. Is there way to fool the ecm into turning injectors on?
Or is that done by data on the link between the units? I appreciate any and all assistance that you can give me. Thanks
Thursday, April 14th, 2011 AT 2:16 AM
SATURNTECH9
The injectors are shut off by data lines from computer to computer if it is a bad computer. Your going to have to get a scan tool that can read the body control module to see if there are any codes in the body control module and if you can communicate with the body control module to rule all that stuff out.
+1
Thursday, April 14th, 2011 AT 3:37 PM
MIKE BRANDT
Rplcd the ecm and bcm matched pair. Did the securiry code reset. And still the same problem and no codes. Put the originals back in reset everything then decided it was time to get out the old scope from storage. Scoped out the injector leads and much to my surprise. Pulses! Lots of pulses! Only one thing left to check.

Pulled the injector rail popped out the injectors. It was full of green **** injectors were totally plugged too.
Cleaned out 1 1/2 gallons of water from the tank.
Cleaned the rail and put in different set of injectors.
Turned the key and it fired right up and hasn't missed a beat.

I want to thank you for taking time to assist me with this trouble.

Many many thanks,

Mike
Thursday, April 14th, 2011 AT 10:07 PM
SATURNTECH9
Your welcome for the help sounds like you used a multimeter to check for ground pulses the first time you checked that is why you didn't see them. Glad to hear you got it all figured out though.
Thursday, April 14th, 2011 AT 10:31 PM
MIKE BRANDT
You are correct about the multimeter. It was a digital too. Much slower tham an analog one. I bought this car for 300 bucks to fix up for my grandkid's graduation.
-1
Friday, April 15th, 2011 AT 3:08 AM
SATURNTECH9
Yeah the best way to check for injector pulses is with a test light. Sounds like the car sat for a while but glad to hear you got it all figured out.
Friday, April 15th, 2011 AT 4:09 AM