"TURBO". SISTER LET CAR RUN OUT OF GAS. CAR STARTS, BUT ENGINE IS CHOKING IN A MINUTE.

2001 SAAB 9-5

kila13

July, 8, 2012 AT 3:44 AM

My sister almost let car run out of gas. After fill gas, car starts, but after a minute it's chokes, engine shaking like there is no gas. On the speedometer turbo needle pointer jumping up and down (when car starts). Fuel tank looks like doesn't have any pressure. It's SAAB 2001 9.5. Thank you !

July, 8, 2012 AT 1:21 PM

Almost? Ran out of gas? If it did, you may have damaged the pump as the fuel is a lubricant for the pump.

Fuel tank looks like doent have any pressure? Please explain.

kila13

July, 8, 2012 AT 8:15 PM

Hi ! Before my sister fill gas, panel showed 6 miles left to run. I think it means car run out of gas already. She put gas. When open fuel tank cap it doesn't make any sound like sh-sh-sh - (vacuum or pressure). Sorry for my english ) I don't know about cars at all. THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING ! GOD BLESS YOU.

July, 8, 2012 AT 11:51 PM

It is either the pump has failed or the pump picked up junk on the bottom and clogged the injectors.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right