CAMSHAFT POSITION SENOR

• Chip Conner
  • 2001 SAAB 9-5

I have a 2001 Saab 95 2.3 turbo, where is the camshaft position sensor located at?

Saturday, June 18th, 2011 AT 4:02 PM

• Rasmataz

Checked it-you don't have one but you do have a crankshaft positioning sensor under the exhaust manifold-Sorry no Pic

Saturday, June 18th, 2011 AT 4:48 PM
  • Chip Conner

It pulls up a code of P0340, they list that as a Camshaft sensor. Can that be the same thing as a crankshaft sensor. And where is it located at under the exhaust manifold. I pull the heat shield off and didnt see the sensor.

Saturday, June 18th, 2011 AT 7:35 PM
  • Rasmataz

Verify this vehicle description, I'm getting conflicting information

Saturday, June 18th, 2011 AT 9:11 PM
  • Mnthny4
  • 616 POSTS

Camshaft position sensor is built into the direct ignition cassette [DI] that said unit also has the knock sensor for the engine built into it also, note that is the module that sits on top of the spark plugs [black in colour], good luck.

+3
Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 AT 11:43 AM
  • Mrjackson

I just had a crank position sensor replaced in my 2001 9-5 aero so far has solved the intermittant starting issues but the engine light won't go out. I plan to take it back to advance auto and have a free diagnostic done, have you heard of this before and any suggestions would be helpful.

Friday, June 29th, 2012 AT 12:17 AM

Other Camshaft Camshaft Position Sensor CMP Location Questions