PROBLEMS WITH ABS

2001 Rover 45

janeginn

August, 28, 2012 AT 7:47 AM

I have an intermittent noise just like a distant pnumatic drill in my rover 45 when driving. It seems to be coming from directly in front of the driver and stops when I touch the brakes. Sometimes the abs also kicks the brake pedal back up forcefully and these two things seem to be linked. Any advise please?

August, 28, 2012 AT 8:51 AM

Is the ABS indicator showing. Seems like the ABS modulator is kicking in too often and you need to test the modulator.

janeginn

August, 28, 2012 AT 9:26 AM

Hi, No the abs light isnt on at all. Thanks for the reply.

August, 28, 2012 AT 9:51 AM

The noise should be the modulator pump running. Such problems are caused by a pressure leak internally resulting in pressure loss and the pump needs to kick in to maintain pressure.

It would fail sooner or later and there is nothing to do about it except to replace it.

janeginn

August, 28, 2012 AT 10:38 AM

Thanks for your help

August, 28, 2012 AT 10:43 AM

You're welcome.

turke

February, 10, 2014 AT 2:05 AM

Hi

I have the same exact car and problem, was you able to sort the problem? If so could you tell me what it was please? So I can get mine fixed?

Tom

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Front Brake Pads & Rotor Replacement Chevy
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front