We replaced the blower motor relay connector, it melt. Need to know which wires go where?

BULLDOG89EJT
  • 2001 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE

We replaced the connector because it melted, the fan runs, but no air seems to be coming out of the vents, I think we have some wires crossed? We have a big Black, Purple and a small brown. Would like to know if I have them hooked up right. Looking at the back of the plug as it is plugged into the blower motor R- sm Brown, M- Big Black, L- big Purple. Thank you

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 11:05 PM

SATURNTECH9

Do you have a manual or auto climate control?

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 11:26 PM

You must be talking about the blower motor control module instead of the blower relay-See below

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 11:28 PM

Didn't see the stop sign-Sorry

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 11:29 PM
SATURNTECH9

Its alright rastamaz I was waiting to hear if it had auto climate control because the wire diagrams for each one would probably be different.

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 11:36 PM

Yes, been in there both auto and manual-I was gonna ask the Q you have but you flipped me-Lets see what we have on the comeback-I've looked for the relay not listed of having it, instead the BCM is popping up that powers/controls the blower motor

Monday, July 9th, 2012 AT 11:55 PM

I WAS LOOKIN' FOR A DIAGRAM TOO!

INTERNET EXPLORER WAS NOT COOPERATING

I'VE BEEN TRYIN' TO STAY AWAY FROM "YOUR BABIES" (THIS ONE SEEMED TO BE FAIR GAME WHEN I STARTED SEARCHIN'.I'VE BEEN OVERWHELMED WITH MINE LATELY. DAT MAKES ME REAL HAPPY!

Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 AT 12:02 AM
SATURNTECH9

There talking about the blower control module thats what there using for a relay inside of it.

Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 AT 12:10 AM

Bulldog, What do you have for us at this time-Did you view the pic I've furnished-let us know what's happening

Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 AT 2:34 AM
BULLDOG89EJT

It is a manual climate control, the connector plugs into the blower motor.

Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 AT 11:36 AM
BULLDOG89EJT

The fan seems to be running backwards

Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 AT 11:44 AM
SATURNTECH9

The wire diagram that rastamaz post has the correct color wires going to the corrector letter terminals use that to wire the motor correctly.

Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 AT 8:11 PM
BULLDOG89EJT

I think it is runnning backwards. If I switch the sm Brown and Purple wire will that reverse the direction? Whaat else could cause the air flow to be slow it started when we put in the new connector thanks for your help

Wednesday, July 11th, 2012 AT 3:48 AM
SATURNTECH9

So did you change the connector to the blower motor itself?Also did you get a ac delco connector?You should have just matched the wires from the old connector to the new connector. Is there letters on the new connector to mark the terminal position?

Wednesday, July 11th, 2012 AT 4:30 AM
BULLDOG89EJT

My son got it at o riellys, didn't chane the motor connector, old connector was melted no way to see any markings. My son thinks he had it right

Wednesday, July 11th, 2012 AT 4:38 AM
SATURNTECH9

Look at the blower motor connector and see connector housings terminal slots are label A B C?Also I hope you replaced the blower motor?If the connector to the blower motor melted like that the motor is bad.

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Wednesday, July 11th, 2012 AT 6:33 AM