HOW DO I FIX ANTI-LOCK AND SERVICE VEHICLE SOON LIGHTS ON AT SAME TIME

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue

jjarko1

September, 11, 2011 AT 8:16 PM

Code scanner does not retrieve any codes related to the problem, only code I get is about secondary air injection system which I know is just an emissions problem that doesnt seem to affect the performance. What is happening that is related to the anti lock brakes issue is that sometimes while stopping or just at random times I can feel an intense vibration in the brake pedal as if the anti lock is engaging. Going over a rough bump in the road occassionally will throw up the service vehicle soon, anti-lock brakes and traction control off lights all at once. What can cause this? Btw I have brand new fron brakes and rotors. Need to know if it is an immediate safety concern as I transport my kids and disabled wife in this vehicle

promechanic

September, 11, 2011 AT 8:20 PM

If the lights come on then there are codes that are stored. Some code readers won't read them but they are there.
This is something that should be addressed. It is most likely a wheel speed sensor or something but if you get the codes read it will help determine the cause of your problem.

jjarko1

September, 11, 2011 AT 8:25 PM

Thank you so much I will take it to the shop as soon as I have the funds available to me. Thanks for your quick response I was writing a question about another vehicle and got your response before I was finished with it lol. Fastest I have ever received one.

promechanic

September, 11, 2011 AT 8:28 PM

Great. I hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Chevrolet