2001 SENTRA QG18DE ENGINE 1

2001 Nissan Sentra

chscar

2001 sentra QG18DE engine (1.8) - car would only run in limp mode and returned a P0100 code. New MAF installed. - Car only cranks but no start. New PCM - new crank and cam position sensors - and still no spark. - Good 12v and ground on all coils and crank and cam sensors. - Returned PCM and they checked it and returned another but said the one they sent me tested good. - Same result - Fuel ok but no spark. All fuses and relays appear to be ok. - Been working on this off and on since summer. Any ideas as to what to check next?
Mike in Kansas City

Cam Sensor

saturntech9

Was the pcm you put in preprogrammed?

chscar

The tech at Automotive Scientific in Rogersville TN. Said that the PCM would work by just pluging it in and using the chip key. I don't know what preprograming is.
Mike

saturntech9

The pcms have to be programmed some come preprogrammed and some need to be programmed.

saturntech9

So this car ran with the old pcm in limp mode?If so do you have the old pcm still?

chscar

No I don't. Sorry, they kept it. I can email them and ask if they preprogramed it but when I asked before they said that the pcm they sent me the second time was put in a nissan and ran fine. I sent it back a third time and they checked it again for me and said it was working properly. Is there a way I could check the wires on the coils to see if there is a signal coming from the pcm. I know when you turn the key on there is a good 12v on the coils and a good ground. I didn't want to probe anything else for fear of doing some damage.
Mike

saturntech9

January, 18, 2013 AT 2:40 AM

Do we have any current codes in the computer?So you got a used pcm?Did the part numbers match same year model engine etc it came out of?

chscar

January, 18, 2013 AT 4:13 AM

The people I got it from repair or rebuild them. They told me that if the imobilizer were the problem it shuts off the fuel not the spark. I checked the new pcm response and it showed no codes so I then turned the ignition off and removed the wire terminal off the cam sensor. I then turned the ignition on and cranked the car over. The pcm then showed a code P0335. I then erased the codes and turned the ignition off. When I turned it back on the pcm showed no codes.
Mike

saturntech9

Do this for me measure the resistance of the crank sensor and cam sensor and let me know the resistance of each one.I know there new but I had another user that got 4 bad new sensors in a row.

chscar

To damn cold right now to check the crank sensor. Will get it as soon as I can. I checked the resistance on the old crank sensor that I removed and it showed 1240 ohms between the signal pin and the power pin. I plugged in my scanner and set it to live data RPM and when I cranked the engine it showed no Rpm.
Mike

saturntech9

Let's for sure get that crank sensor measured since we know we have no crank reading on the scan tool. Also inspect the wires and and terminals for loose an broken connections.

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015