MY INTERIOR LIGHTS AND CHIMES STOPPED WORKING AFTER A TRIP THROUGH THE CAR WASH

2001 Nissan Sentra

j.stark

October, 11, 2011 AT 8:59 PM

I have a 2001 Nissan Sentra 1.8L I took it through the car wash and after I came out the dome light, door chime, auto door locks, and rear defog stopped working. I checked all the fuses and they are all good. I also checked to see if any of the wires under the hood were/are wet and everything looks ok. The key fob also does not work now either. I put a new battery in it too and it still don't work. Can you help?

Panel Lights Dont Work

Glowing Lights

hmac300

October, 11, 2011 AT 10:54 PM

There is a fusible link box on left side of engine compartment check that for the defogger. That also has something to do with the doorlocks. Also there is a control unit on the left side of dash that does the locks as well as interior lights. This may have gotten wet and shorted out or blew the fuse in the above mentioned box. Also recheck fuses 10-12-13 as they have something to do with all your electrical that has been mentioned

j.stark

October, 12, 2011 AT 6:09 PM

Is it the box with the relays? Or the other fuse box by the battery? I have checked all those and they are good. Any other ideas?

hmac300

October, 12, 2011 AT 7:12 PM

The fuses are in the fuse box inside car. The other which is the fusible link and fuse#37 is at the front left of the engine compartment. Also check your grounds on left and right side of dash, it they aren't hooked good then you have electrical problems.

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe