STALLING IN COLD WEATHER CONDITIONS

2001 Nissan Maxima

Sheik

December, 24, 2011 AT 8:04 PM

I have a 2001 Nissan maxima having stalling problem in cold weather conditions. Please suggest if fuel system cleaning will help solving this problem any chance?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

saturntech9

December, 24, 2011 AT 8:15 PM

The first thing I would do is have the computer scanned for codes and letme know the exact code numbers if you have any.

Sheik

December, 24, 2011 AT 8:19 PM

Thanks for quick response. There is no engine check light on. Nissan recommended to change ECM, Idle control valve and mass air flow meter. It is very expensive repair. I am looking for some cheap fix

saturntech9

December, 24, 2011 AT 9:46 PM

Sounds like the dealer is fishing with dynamite lol aka guessing. You would have a better chance of winning the power ball lotto then all those things being wrong with your car causing the problem. So did nissan look at the car tell you these things were wrong with your car?Also just because the check engine isnt on doesnt mean there are no codes. Take it to auto parts store like auto zone and have them scan your car for codes. Let me know the exact codes you have.I would try cleaning the mass airflow sensor and see if it runs any different.

Sheik

December, 24, 2011 AT 10:44 PM

Thanks again. Yes. Nissan did a diagnosis and came up with that. But what I dont really agree with them is, it did not happen for me in whole summar and started again now.
I will take it to auto zone and try to get codes.
Thanks a lot.

saturntech9

December, 24, 2011 AT 10:49 PM

Keep me posted and get some mass airflow sensor cleaner and try cleaning that sensor and see if it runs any different. Also check the air inlet tube for damage or holes.

Sheik

December, 24, 2011 AT 11:49 PM

Hi got it checked in auto zone. The computer said no codes found

saturntech9

December, 25, 2011 AT 8:02 AM

Alright lets try cleaning that mass airflow sensor and see if that changes the way it runs.

Sheik

December, 25, 2011 AT 1:12 PM

Thank you very much. Do you think I can do this by myself? I saw in YouTube. Seems simple process.

saturntech9

December, 25, 2011 AT 4:11 PM

Its really easy you should be able to do it no problem. Just make sure you get some. Mass air flow sensor cleaner to do it. Also make sure you inspect the air inlet tube it hooks too for damage.