IS THE RECALL FOR THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER STILL EFFECTIVE FOR MY CAR?

2001 Mercedes Benz S500

lplowden

February, 7, 2012 AT 3:31 PM

The lights on the dash just died out a couple of days ago. My independent mechanic says its the instrument cluster that's dead. I've read about a recall for this item, but don't know if still applies to my car. Can you shed some insight on this? My VIN is WDBNG75J51A167492.

rivermikerat

February, 8, 2012 AT 12:15 AM

I'll check and get back to you in a few minutes.

rivermikerat

February, 8, 2012 AT 12:22 AM

Maybe. You'll have to call MBZ to see if yours falls into it: Recall date: Not reported
Units potentially affected: 36,911
NHTSA campaign number: 06V028000
Defective part or component: INTERIOR LIGHTING
Description: On certain vehicles, the instrument cluster is experiencing electrical malfunctions. The instrument cluster contains gauges and indicators that must be illuminated whenever the vehicle is in operation. Due to inadequate illumination, the driver will be unable to read the gauges and indicators, such as the speedometer, which could increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the instrument cluster modules. The manufacturer has not yet provided an owner notification schedule. Owners may contact Mercedes Benz at 1-800-367-6372.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement