MY 01 MERCEDES AIR SUSPENSION WENT OUT! ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!

2001 Mercedes Benz S500

Janine1

I have an 01 Mercedes S500 and the air suspension just failed on me. Its very low in the rear. ! Help please Whats the best option to do?

haroldgene

Janine,

Have you token it to the shop to be sure its the air suspension? Could be a leak somewhere?

Harold

Janine1

Yeah they told me I needed to replace the whole air suspension. The cost was really outrageous. But the price was like 4500 to fix it but I mean if that's the only choice then guess I got no other option but to fix it.

haroldgene

Janine,

You shouldn't give up so easily. That wouldn't be the only option you have. There is one more. You are able to convert the air suspension over to coil over springs.

Janine1

Really.. How does that work?

haroldgene

Well its called a conversion kit that eliminates the air suspension, that way you never have to worry about the air system again.

Janine1

Ooh okay. Well how come you know so much about it? Where would I actually find this at and look it up

haroldgene

Well the same exact thing happened to me. I have an 05 Mercedes S500 and my air suspension went out on me. Mine was in the front. It toke me a while to save up money to fix it. But a friend told me about the conversion kits. I went to Strutmasters. Com and looked up my vehicle. And found it. The kit was 937.00 for the 4 wheels. I immediately called in and ordered it cause it was way better than 5000 thousand dollars. I just wanted me car fixed. But then realizing it was actually better. Came with a lifetime warranty. Who couldn't beat that.

Janine1

Ooh okay. Well how is the ride with the conversion kit?

haroldgene

The ride is just as great cant tell any kind of difference.

Janine1

So you got the kit. Do u just take it to any shop or the dealer to put it on?

Upper Control Arm Replacement
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda
Sway Bar Link Replacement Subaru Legacy
Leaf-Spring Squeak Repair - All Cars
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class