My keyless remote entry FOB just stopped working.

ANONYMOUS
  • 2001 MAZDA PROTEGE
  • 300 MILES

My keyless remote entry FOB just stopped working for no reason. Replaced the battery and cleaned out the FOB, still nothing. I am able to lock and unlock the vehicle with the key and the door actuators work fine. There are several sites explaining how to reprogram a FOB with the car. Some say to check a fuse. Any ideas and which instructions for Mazda Protege FOB are correct?

Thursday, December 6th, 2012 AT 11:40 AM

6. If only one transmitter is available, push any button on transmitter. If more than one transmitter is available, push any button on other transmitter. Observe door lock actuators. They should lock, then unlock. If
operation is as specified, repeat this step with any other available transmitters to complete programming procedure. If operation is not as specified, push driver's door switch. Actuators should lock and unlock
twice. If actuators do lock and unlock twice, go back to step 2 . If actuators do not lock and unlock twice, go to TEST NO. 3: TRANSMITTER ID CODE CANNOT BE REPROGRAMMED under
TROUBLE SHOOTING.

Check room and wiper fuses first under dash.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Thursday, December 6th, 2012 AT 2:30 PM
EBENEZER64

Your answer was disjointed in the print and cannot make out exactly your response clearly do to the typing. Did you provide steps in your reply? Hard to decifer. When I press any button on the remote, nothing happens to the door locks or anything.

Thursday, December 6th, 2012 AT 3:07 PM

Ok then if nothing happens try another remote and if same thing then taek it in to have the system checked out.

Thursday, December 6th, 2012 AT 3:09 PM
EBENEZER64

My other remote works fine so I'm not sure why the one doesn't function any longer. Ideas? Perhaps it's given up the ghost, it is the original remote of almost 12 years.

Thursday, December 13th, 2012 AT 10:34 AM

If one works and the other doesn't then the one went bad and needs to be replaced.

Friday, December 14th, 2012 AT 11:13 PM