6 MISFIRING

2001 Mazda b3000

oldslvr76

December, 31, 2012 AT 4:42 PM

#6 misfiring. Plug was oilly and smelled of fuel/replaced. #1 was missing and I replaced the coil module and corrected that problem. Tested compressionon #6 @ 150psi. Found that the truck had an extra quart of oil in it. Why is #6 still missing

Cj7

racefan966

December, 31, 2012 AT 4:51 PM

Could be coil, wire or injector for that cylinder. Is the plug still clean?

oldslvr76

December, 31, 2012 AT 5:14 PM

Replaced the coil module. Plug is still pretty clean. I know it is getting fuel. I am getting to clean up someone elses mess. They say they replaced the wires. I was just hoping that the ring wasn't cracked. Don't want that to deal with

racefan966

December, 31, 2012 AT 5:24 PM

If there is no oil on the plug and the compression is equal to the other cylinders then rings aren't the issue. Coil module being new don't mean coil fire, clean plug don't mean you are getting fuel. If the is fuel and spark then there would be no missfire. Ok so you have a coil pack so I would check plug wire and check injector for that cylinder. First change the wire out with another cylinder of the same length see if the missfire moves to that cylinder. If that is good then ohm the injectore and get back to me with ohms and I will look it up to see if it is in spec.

racefan966

December, 31, 2012 AT 5:26 PM

Oh yea if the plug has antiseaze on it make sure there isn't to much. If you get to much on it, it will get on the seat (where it seals to the head) and may not ground correctly and again not spark and missfire.

Ignition Coil Replacement Ford Taurus
Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Ignition System Test Guide