Air conditioning hot air

BUD.812
  • 2001 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL

2001 Lincoln air conditioning charge level shows good, compressor kicking on as should, however it is blowing hot air, any idea's for a back yard mechanic? Makes no difference on temp control setting.

Friday, July 20th, 2012 AT 4:59 PM

Check the actuators in your heater, they control air temp as well as direction. The temp one may be stuck or not working. It can be vacuum or electric. I'll send a generic pic along

Friday, July 20th, 2012 AT 7:02 PM
JACKCAIN

I had this happen to me. 2002 Linc Cont: Try to raise the temperature to max (90) as if turner on the heater. This actuates the something, something. Lower the temp back to cool the car; the a/c should work if system is charged. This has happened a couple times to me - it corrected the problem. Good Luck. Jack

Monday, August 6th, 2012 AT 9:25 PM
RIVERMIKERAT

When you move the vent selector does it change where the air comes from? When you move either of the selectors, can you hear parts moving inside the airbox?

Friday, September 7th, 2012 AT 2:38 AM
SQWEEKERS

YOU ROCK! This worked for me! THANK YOU. Saved me a diagnostic charge at the least. Sent it up to 90 top setting for about 1 min, dropped it down and boom kicked in! Thanks again!

Monday, July 13th, 2015 AT 8:04 AM