AIR CONDITIONING HOT AIR

2001 Lincoln Continental

bud.812

July, 20, 2012 AT 4:59 PM

2001 Lincoln air conditioning charge level shows good, compressor kicking on as should, however it is blowing hot air, any idea's for a back yard mechanic? Makes no difference on temp control setting.

hmac300

July, 20, 2012 AT 7:02 PM

Check the actuators in your heater, they control air temp as well as direction. The temp one may be stuck or not working. It can be vacuum or electric. I'll send a generic pic along

jackcain

August, 6, 2012 AT 9:25 PM

I had this happen to me. 2002 Linc Cont: Try to raise the temperature to max (90) as if turner on the heater. This actuates the something, something. Lower the temp back to cool the car; the a/c should work if system is charged. This has happened a couple times to me - it corrected the problem. Good Luck. Jack

rivermikerat

September, 7, 2012 AT 2:38 AM

When you move the vent selector does it change where the air comes from? When you move either of the selectors, can you hear parts moving inside the airbox?

Sqweekers

July, 13, 2015 AT 8:04 AM

YOU ROCK! This worked for me! THANK YOU. Saved me a diagnostic charge at the least. Sent it up to 90 top setting for about 1 min, dropped it down and boom kicked in! Thanks again!

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Blend Door Actuator Replacement