AFTER INSTALLING NEW STRUTS AND MOUNTS PER LEXUS...

2001 Lexus LS 430

jimbarrett

February, 14, 2013 AT 3:06 AM

After installing new struts and mounts per Lexus manual, took car in for an alignment. They aligned it but the printout shows a cross sai of 8.1, should be between -.5 and.5. They said not to worry since the other numbers were o.K. Then I researched and learned about the arrows on strut mounts.I looked on the old ones and there they are. No where did the manual mention that or how to orientate them. If I mounted the new ones with the arrows in the wrong place, would that cause my sai numbers to be where they are? Should I redo and realign? Where should the arrows point?

Jacobandnickolas

February, 14, 2013 AT 3:13 AM

I would recommend that you redo it and align the arrows the way it is recommended. You may experience premature tire wear.

jimbarrett

February, 14, 2013 AT 3:16 AM

My question is If the arrows are wrong would that cause my sai numbers to be off, and second, I don't know where the arrows are suppose to point.

Jacobandnickolas

February, 14, 2013 AT 3:26 AM

To the best of my knowledge, it can cause the sai to be off. As far as the arrows, if I remember correctly, they face forward.

February, 14, 2013 AT 6:00 AM

Diagram shows the arrow position.

For this model, the struts are fixed and would not affect the SAI much unless the lower arm bushes for the struts are bad. The components more likely to affect the SAI would be the upper arms and ball joints.

jimbarrett

February, 14, 2013 AT 1:49 PM

Thank you.

February, 14, 2013 AT 5:01 PM

You're welcome.

Shock Replacement - Front Chevrolet Silverado
Air Shock Replacement Mercedes Benz S Class
Replace Tie Rod End
Lower Control Arm Bushing Replacement Honda