HELP I NEED ENGINE ADVISE!!!

2001 Land Rover Freelander

bikerboi

April, 16, 2012 AT 11:59 AM

I was driving and it kept over heating, so I kept letting it cool down then adding water then I was driving and blue smoke came out the back and it lost power till it came to a halt and the engine wouldn't even tick over or start. I had it recovered and it now starts but blue smoke comes out of the exhaust and the engine is smoking smells like a burning oil and the water is also leaking some where please please help! What do you advise and how much (guesstimate) will it cost me I payed 1500 for the car and in 3 months boom¬it does this I am very angry and don't have much money all advice is helpful thanks for your time and your advice I'm in Plymouth (a lot of friends said oh its a head gasket but they couldn't hit the ground if they fell on it. Thanks again I hope someone can help ! Also th oil doesn't look milky

BILLARUS

April, 16, 2012 AT 12:07 PM

I am not a mechanic but from experience I guess that the gasket is burnt and it would need to be replace but I dont know the cost.

bikerboi

April, 16, 2012 AT 12:09 PM

OK thanks : ), I just don't want to do the head gasket and then it not be the head gasket if you get what I mean

April, 16, 2012 AT 12:10 PM

You need to get the coolant leak resolved first. If coolant runs low, overheating would occur and if the head gasket had not been damaged yet, it would sooner or later if the situation persists.

Capt-Morgan

May, 1, 2012 AT 10:00 AM

Your turbocharger is gone. The turbo is lubricated directly from the oil feed. When the seals inside the turbo goes oil is being fed directly into the air intake. Do not start engine untill this is fixed. You will empty your sump and lose all lubrication.

Engine Class - Autoshop 101
Air Filter Replacement
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Air Filter Replacement