I CHANGED THE TIMING BELT OIL AND FILTER SPARK ...

2001 Kia Sportage

kandy_rc

October, 24, 2012 AT 8:55 PM

I changed the timing belt, oil and filter, spark plugs and wires, coolant, and fuel and fuel filter. It runs fine except when it reaches normal driving temperature. When it reaches that it runs rough while it is idle. Used a code reader and it says misfire in #1, #2, #3, and #4 cylinder. I don't know if you can or how to check the coil packs. Could they both be bad and if so possibly be the reason? Also, I don't know what it is called (see picture) but the tube that comes out of the left side of valve cover appears to have been broken and glued back together. It is right in the angle part or appears to be. Was wondering what it is called and if that could be the reason for rough idle and engine light on? If not what else could it be? How to fix it?

hmac300

October, 24, 2012 AT 10:39 PM

It may be the pcv valve which would cause a lrge vacuum leak and misfire code. Most auto parts stores shouldhave it it will just pull outandan easy replacement.

kandy_rc

October, 29, 2012 AT 10:42 PM

I changed the pcv valve and put everything back together. Cranked it up and ran fine until it reached normal temperature range. It started idle rough and check engine light came on. Code read: random/multiple cylinder misfire detected, Cylinder 4 misfire detected, Cylinder 2 misfire detected. Pending: Cylinder 1 misfire detected, and Cylinder 3 misfire detected. I don't know what else it could be unless it is the coil packs or pack. Can you test them? If so how? Or is it something else? I'm at my wits end!

hmac300

October, 29, 2012 AT 10:45 PM

Check the fuel pressure as well and check egr and pipe for blockage as these can cause it as well.

Step by Step Timing Belt Replacement Guide
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler