CV AXLE

2001 Kia Magentis

lilman91

When my cv axel broke it pulled the knuckle out of the transmission now I can not figure out how to pull the metal cover the knuckle sits in off, any advice on what to do?

rivermikerat

The knuckle sits on the outer end of the axle by the wheel. It's a steering component. It's called the steering knuckle. Please take a picture of what you're having trouble with.

lilman91

January, 12, 2012 AT 4:21 AM

No it wasnt the steering knuckle it was the spline end that slides into the tranny with that little clip. In other words my axle blew apart and blew the ball joint with it but the cv bot seperated the peice from the tranny and the axle itself just needed to pry it out but was having trouble but I got it out and fixed thanks anyways I appreciate your help

rivermikerat

January, 12, 2012 AT 4:39 AM

My pleasure.

lilman91

February, 15, 2012 AT 6:22 AM

New question apparently this Kia has a lot of problems to fix haha. Anyway I recently found I have an oil leak when I changed the oil, its only leaked out a bit and now it started chugging, is it just because it is low on oil or is it just a coincidence that I have both these problems, keep in mind the chugging didn't start till after I discovered the leak and the oil is not that far down on the dipstick

rivermikerat

February, 15, 2012 AT 8:20 PM

Chugging? I doubt it. Have it scanned for codes. And fix the oil leak. They usually only get worse, not better.

lilman91

February, 15, 2012 AT 8:47 PM

Ok sounds good I just bought a new oil pan and gasket for it so hopefully that will fix it

rivermikerat

February, 15, 2012 AT 8:50 PM

It should if that's the source of the leak and you clean the mating surface on the bottom of the block properly.

lilman91

February, 28, 2012 AT 6:26 AM

So I got the new oil pan and cleaned the surface thoroughly and put fresh oil in it and the leak stopped so problem one fixed however it is still chugging/stuttering and it lacks power. Also the tach jumps up and down also the stuttering gets better when im in park but worsens when I put it in gear? Any suggestions

rivermikerat

February, 29, 2012 AT 10:49 PM

Have it scanned for codes and check for vacuum leaks.

CV Axle Replacement
CV Axle Replacement
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads