HOW DO I FIX MY AUTOMATICALLY ADJUSTING DRIVER'S SEAT HEADREST?

2001 Jaguar XKR

Kevin Denby

September, 28, 2011 AT 11:27 PM

Head rest is supposed to be electrically adjustable, and automatically both moves down when the driver's seat-back is folded forward to access the back seat and back up to the pre-set position once the seat-back is locked back. I can hear the motor whine, but the head-rest does not move. Further, the two chrome rods that the head-rest is mounted on, aren't engaged with their motors: pushing down on the head-rest while activating the adjustment switch does nothing and pulling upwards on the headrest simply pulls it of the seat back.

Thanks.

Jacobandnickolas

September, 29, 2011 AT 3:04 AM

Either you have a stripped gear or something inside the seat is off track. The only thing you can do is remove the seat, remove its cover and inspect.

Kevin Denby

September, 29, 2011 AT 3:31 AM

Thanks for the prompt response. Repectfully, you have not told me anything I do not already know. What I was hoping for was information as to how to gain access the motor(s) in the seat back. Unbolting the entire seat from the floor is not a problem but having carefully examined the seat-back itself, I am at a loss as to how to go about removing the seat-back's covering without damaging it or making its re-installment impossible: the leather covering appears to be stitched completely - there is no velcro, zipper or snaps evident. I feel that once I get access to the guts of the head-rest motor I can address what is not working but I have no idea how to get to it. HELP! : -)

Jacobandnickolas

September, 29, 2011 AT 4:12 AM

Let me take a look at one in the AM. I'll get back with you.

Kevin Denby

October, 15, 2011 AT 5:51 AM

It has been sixteen AMs since your last post. Any luck?

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe