CHECK ENGINE/EGR

• carb42
  • 2001 Isuzu Trooper
  • automatic

I have a 2001 Trooper and the check engine light was on. Upon having it checked I was told that it was an EGR problem. My question is. Does this model have a EGR valve and solenoid or is it the valve only? Also, if the EGR valve was replaced, what would make the check engine light come back on after a couple of days and it be diagnosed again for the EGR?

Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 1:06 AM

• saturntech9

What is the exact code number you have?There is more then one egr code. Let me know and I can be alot more help to you.

Monday, July 18th, 2011 AT 1:20 AM
  • bolovo

Insuffcient air flow egr valve

Tuesday, April 24th, 2012 AT 1:55 AM
  • saturntech9

Is this same person that asked the question?I notice a different user name?Also what is the exact code number?It will be a P followed by a four digit number.

Tuesday, April 24th, 2012 AT 3:15 AM
  • bolovo

P401 CHANGE CATAYLIC CONVERTORS, ALL 4 O2 SENSORS, EGR VALVE AND CLEANED MAP SENSOR AND ALSO CLEANED PASSAGE WAY TO EGR VALVE CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS STILL COMES ON WITH THE CODE P401 AND ALSO CHANGE CHARCOAL CANISTER

Sunday, May 6th, 2012 AT 2:56 PM
  • saturntech9

So did you remove the egr valve and start it and see if the engine races and hear a loud exhaust leak?

Monday, May 7th, 2012 AT 5:24 AM