CHECK ENGINE/EGR

2001 Isuzu Trooper

carb42

July, 18, 2011 AT 1:06 AM

I have a 2001 Trooper and the check engine light was on. Upon having it checked I was told that it was an EGR problem. My question is. Does this model have a EGR valve and solenoid or is it the valve only? Also, if the EGR valve was replaced, what would make the check engine light come back on after a couple of days and it be diagnosed again for the EGR?

Egr Valve

saturntech9

July, 18, 2011 AT 1:20 AM

What is the exact code number you have?There is more then one egr code. Let me know and I can be alot more help to you.

bolovo

April, 24, 2012 AT 1:55 AM

Insuffcient air flow egr valve

saturntech9

April, 24, 2012 AT 3:15 AM

Is this same person that asked the question?I notice a different user name?Also what is the exact code number?It will be a P followed by a four digit number.

bolovo

May, 6, 2012 AT 2:56 PM

P401 CHANGE CATAYLIC CONVERTORS, ALL 4 O2 SENSORS, EGR VALVE AND CLEANED MAP SENSOR AND ALSO CLEANED PASSAGE WAY TO EGR VALVE CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS STILL COMES ON WITH THE CODE P401 AND ALSO CHANGE CHARCOAL CANISTER

saturntech9

May, 7, 2012 AT 5:24 AM

So did you remove the egr valve and start it and see if the engine races and hear a loud exhaust leak?