DASH LIGHTS(SPEEDOMETER,TACH, ETC) WON'T LIGHT UP AND RADIO WILL NOT POWER UP AFTER...

2001 Infiniti I30

DKoz

July, 12, 2012 AT 10:51 PM

I removed the center stack to replace the stock radio with a new head unit but did not work out very well. Put back old radio and connections correctly. Now radio will not power up and the dash lights will not operate as well. Checked all fuses and were ok. Any ideas. Thank You, Dave

F250 Fuse Blowing

Fuse #26

hmac300

July, 12, 2012 AT 11:04 PM

Fuse 56 a& 67 underhood fuse box for radio. It may have to have a security number put in in order for it to work. YOu should be able to call infinity on an 800 number for that.

DKoz

July, 12, 2012 AT 11:17 PM

THANK You Very Much. Will give it a try

DKoz

September, 20, 2012 AT 3:13 AM

Didn't work

September, 20, 2012 AT 6:11 AM

At radio terminal # 7 - Red/Yellow and # 8 - Red/White are for circuit related to the dash and interior illumination.

If you have battery voltage at # 8 when lights are turned on, use a test light (bulb must be at least 10 w) to ground and note if here are any difference.
Ensure the illumination control switch is not turned to minimum or disconnected and taillights work.

As to radio not powering up, was it working prior to removal?
Have you check the ground circuit?

DKoz

September, 20, 2012 AT 8:49 PM

Power voltage at both when lights are on. Radio now working. Jiggled harness at front speaker amp. But still no dash cluster illumination

September, 20, 2012 AT 10:28 PM

We continue with the other thread so I am closing this thread now and do not reply to this.

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic